Using the Pendulum Dynamic Tests and a testing protocol developed in house, comparative testing was conducted with the Leatt-Brace® Moto GPX and several competitor devices.
Efficacy in reducing standard cervical spine parameters such as bending moments, axial forces, shear forces, the Nij and areas under curves (time exposed to danger) were evaluated.
Analysis of Results
23 standard biomechanical parameters:
- Upper and Lower Neck Bending Moments (Tri-Axial)
- Upper and Lower Neck Forces (Tri-Axial)
- Head Accelerations (Tri-Axial)
- Chest Deflection
- Chest Accelerations (Tri-Axial)
- Clavicle Forces (Bi-Axial)
Data post-processed using Glyphworks™ Software according to SAE J211/1 rev. Mar 95
Force parameters are combined to give Neck Injury Criteria (Nij) - closest relation to clinical parameters such as the Injury Severity Score (ISS), Abbreviated Injury Scale (AIS) or Glasgow Coma Scale (GCS).